Tricia Goyer has a fun tour for her new book, A Whisper of Freedom. This is the third book in her Chronicles of the Spanish War series. As I've mentioned before, Tricia has become one of my favorite authors. She has a knack for creating such intriguing stories and characters that you forget where you are! She brings Spain to life in a vivid, realistic way in this series. If you like historical novels, this series is a must read, and this is one series that you need to read in order, so be sure to read A Valley of Betrayal and A Shadow of Treason first.
Each person posting a review of the book has been asked to answer several MEME questions (below). Check out the answers others gave on their blogs. The tour schedule and links can be found here.
1. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!) Gosh, it depends on what form the gold was in! If it was ancient jewelry, I might keep one or two special pieces and then give the rest to a museum. If it was in the form of coins or bars, I would cash it in. First I would tithe, then I would want to pay off my parents' homes and maybe do a little remodeling or take a vacation. I'm not exactly sure where I would donate the rest (presuming it's a LOT!), but I would want to try to set up a foundation that would be able to invest it and create a long term stream of income for organizations that help foster children, job training and life skills for adults, and maybe someplace like Homes for Humanity.
2. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why). We support a local organization, TEAM, that provides food and supplies to families in crisis; Christ in Youth missions trips/conferences for teens in our church, and a couple of special Christian colleges. Why? Each of these organizations touch peoples lives and help them make it in the world while they share the love of Christ.
3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services.
- help out in classroom at our local school
- provide financial and job search counseling for people in our church
- work at our church by supporting MOPS, Women's Ministry, and our Sunday school class.
4. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over.
- Does the upstairs count (since I try not to let people go upstairs when they visit)???? How about dirty clothes, our laundry room, and often our children's rooms
5. List the last three things you've lost.
Oh, goodness! I have a horrible tendancy to carry things with me as I walk around the house and leave them somewhere along the way. The last three things were scissors, my watch, and a book I was reading.
6. List the last three things you've found.
the three things in #5!
During the tour, you can enter to win one of FIVE signed copies of A Whisper of Freedom by signing up for Tricia's newsletter here!
Three brave "players" will be selected at random to win their own lost gold (Gourmet chocolate coins and all three books in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series). To enter all you have to do is answer the MEME on your blog and then leave a comment on Tricia’s blog tour post here http://triciagoyer.blogspot.com/2008/03/whisper-of-freedom-meme-sticky-post.html that you’ve posted your MEME. Easy.
About the book:
Battles heat up…not only those being waged by the soldiers on both sides fighting for Spain, but in the hearts and minds of the men and women who must sacrifice more than their dreams to save the lives of their loved ones.
In this meticulously researched novel, brave and idealistic Sophie, Philip, Jose, and Deion realize their only hope for freedom is escaping Spain 's borders.
By continuing the story of this band of volunteers during the Spanish Civil War, A Whisper of Freedom proves that there are whispers of hope and liberty that resonate through even the darkest night.
Tricia Goyer is the author of twelve books including From Dust and Ashes, My Life UnScripted, and the children's book, 10 Minutes to Showtime. She won Historical Novel of the Year in 2005 and 2006 from ACFW, and was honored with the Writer of the Year award from Mt. Hermon Writer's Conference in 2003. Tricia's book Life Interrupted was a finalist for the Gold Medallion in 2005. In addition to her novels, Tricia writes non-fiction books and magazine articles for publications like Today's Christian Woman and Focus on the Family. Tricia is a regular speaker at conventions and conferences, and has been a workshop presenter at the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) International Conventions. She and her family make their home in the mountains of Montana .
Book excerpt: http://triciagoyer.com/cmsdocuments/WhisperCh1.doc
Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/Whisper-Freedom-Chronicles-Spanish-Civil
Watch the series trailer: http://cg.creativenuclei.com/wip/TriciaGoyer/cscw.html
Tricia’s website: http://triciagoyer.com
Tricia’s Blogs: http://triciagoyer.com/blogs.html